The Florida Dream Center currently assists in the funding of multiple safe homes for survivors of sex trafficking, protecting and restoring the lives of adult women, domestic minor girls, and a 72 hour emergency intake home. We have also been directly involved in the rescue of over 100 victims of sex trafficking in the past several years through our relationships with law enforcement and other agencies in the state, our homeless outreach, prison ministries and other services.
Florida is 3rd in the nation for human trafficking across the U.S. The Tampa Bay area, including Pinellas County, is one of the greatest problem areas in the state.
- An estimated 21 million children, women and men are caught in the cycle of trafficking worldwide, with 80% of trafficking victims women, and up to 50% are children
- There are between 100,000 – 300,000 sex trafficking victims under 18 in the U.S. per year.
- 12 years old – the average age of entry into the sexual exploitation industry, with some as young as 9 years old
- Total yearly profits generated by human trafficking are $32 billion – Specifically, trafficking for sexual exploitation generates $28 billion per year
- Human trafficking is the fastest growing and 3rd largest organized criminal activity, behind only drug and arms trade
We currently assist in the funding of three safe homes in the area, partnering with the following organizations:
- Healing Root Ministry
- Redefining Refuge
- STAAR Ministry